Saturday, July 17, 2010

Getting big!

Mom...I will KARATE CHOP you if you take one more picture, can't you see my eyes are sleepy?!?
Content in Dad's hands :)

Look at how BIG I'm getting!



So proud!
Kale is getting SO big! He is up to 4 lbs. 4.7 oz now - I'm thinking he is going to be 6 lbs before he comes home from the NICU (That's 3 lbs. more than the minimum weight to get out, right Mom?! Hehe, just kidding!).
Kale has had a pretty stable couple of days. He has had 2 spells in 48 hours, so that's definitely an improvement! He is still at 3.0 lpm on Vapotherm. He has been off his steroids now for over a week, so we're thinking that his improvements that he made while on the steroids are here to stay! His blood gases have been pretty stable as well. The Drs. are thinking that they will keep him at 3 lpm for a few more days and allow him to gain more strength. He had his last immunization on Friday, so he should be done for a while with those.
I think that's about it for updates. See, not much going on the past two days, which we are happy to report! Thanks for keeping Kale in your thoughts and prayers, we appreciate it and are confident that he is doing so well because he has SO many people praying for him!

2 comments:

  1. It is so awesome to see Kale doing so great! My boys started out at 3 lbs 5 oz and 3 lbs 15 oz and came home a month later at 4 lbs 4 oz and 4 lbs 14 oz. Very close to Kale's size now. It took so long to reach a normal new born size- 2 months to be 5-6 lbs or so. But, from there, they just took off and acted like normal newborns! They quickly caught up to their peers. Now that Kale has overcome such huge hurdles, I hope he continues to make great progress and comes home soon and that this rough start becomes a distant memory. It has been 4 yrs for me and I still get emotional when I think about it, but it is easier with time and I never had to go through the micro-preemie things you have had to. Kale is so precious. Take care. Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What great pics! My boy is looking great, and I'm looking forward to seeing him home with you both soon. Before you know you will be laying awake at night waiting for him to cry or make some sound. Keep trusting God and know that it is all going to be OK. Love you guys (Mack too)!

    ReplyDelete