Wednesday, March 17, 2010

16 Weeks!


Baby A had it's 16 week check up today. They listened to his/her heartbeat and measured my belly. The heartbeat was 154 today, much slower than last time! The doctor said it sounded good and my belly is right where it needs to be (which means there is probably only one in there!). At the four month mark I've gained 5-6 lbs. so far. I think it's kind of funny how each time I get weighed in I immediately wonder how heavy my tennis shoes are, and my belt has to weigh at least 4 lbs. right?! Needless to say, Derc is already sick of hearing about how big I'm getting and how tight my clothes are.....and we've still got 5 months left!

My weekly updates tell me that Baby A is the size of an avocado this week! Since I work at a SuperTarget, I walk over to my produce section each week and pick up whatever fruit or vegetable Baby A is the size of and wonder how it's fitting in my belly. Yesterday was interesting, I don't know that I've ever examined an avocado so closely...people were probably very confused as to what I was doing :) Baby A is growing eyelashes and eyebrows and is forming tiny bones in his/her ear, so it can hear us now!! That is kind of a scary thought....guess we're going to have to start watching what we say!

Not too much else going on in the Albrecht household this week. Derc is loving his new job and is getting to the point that he is understanding his role and seems to really like it. I'm working overnight at the store tonight and tomorrow since we have an exec out on vacation, should be interesting! Let's see if I can stay up all night, cross your fingers!

Also, it's Cory's (Derc's brother) birthday today! Happy birthday Cory!!!

Mark your calendars for April 15th...no not just tax day my friends, that's when we find out if Baby A is a boy or a girl :) You can vote on what you think the sex is on this little poll to the right!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Drink some green beer for me :)

4 comments:

  1. I definitely voted for pink! Baby G will need a friend to go hunting with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats why it should be a boy...

    Derc

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like it's going to be a boy BUT I really would love to buy some pink baby clothes!

    I can see a big change in your "belly" from week 14 to 16! woo hoo:)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete