Friday, April 9, 2010

19 Weeks!


This week marks 19 weeks - almost half way! This week Baby A is the size of a large mango, which is about 6 inches long and almost a half pound of weight! This week the baby is forming a greasy film called Vernix caseosa on it's skin. Super yummy, I know. It's to protect the baby's skin from the amniotic fluid. Bet you didn't know you were going to get a science lesson today :) Lately we have been feeling Baby A move around quite a bit. Derc is able to feel it from the outside now too which is pretty cool. He doesn't like it when I poke my belly to try and get the Baby to move....he keeps telling me I'm going to dent lil' nugget. I think it's pretty safe in there.
Derc and I can hardly wait for next Thursday....don't bother trying to get a hold of us between 1:30-3 next Thursday - we'll be in the Dr.'s office finding out if Baby A is healthy, growing at the right pace and if he or she will be wearing lots of blue or pink :) CAN'T WAIT! We're really just hoping that nugget is healthy and is on track to be a happy baby.
The past few weeks Derc has been getting back into the golfing mode. He ordered some new clubs this year, which he is pretty excited about, they should be arriving today! He's got plans to golf all weekend and then watch the masters to inspire him :)
I got to spend some time with my MN family since I traveled up there for work this week. It was fun to see my grandparents and David, they are always willing to let me crash there for a night.
Well, more to come next week, have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! You're FINALLY looking like a preggo soon-to-be mom. I can't wait to hear that it's going to be a girl!!! =)
    Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking a girl too :) Love your blog updates! Sooo excited for the both of you and cant wait to meet the 'lil nugget' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree I can finally tell you are prego. BUT BARELY! I am rooting for a little lady but I just hope he/she is healthy:)

    XO

    ReplyDelete