Thursday, September 30, 2010

I am the MAN!

Kale's cousin Jordan has been patiently waiting to meet his cousin. Kids under 14 are not allowed in the NICU unless they are siblings, so Jordan had to wait about 1/3 of a year to meet his cousin. Kale's Aunt Sarah and Uncle Z gave Jordan directions that in order to keep Baby Kale healthy and out of the hospital we can't touch Kale or kiss him because we could get him sick.

This is Jordan meeting Kale for the first time.
Sarah told Jordan to put his arm around Kale, but since Jordan was told not to touch him he was didn't want to break the rules, so he just put his hand on the boppy :)

Finally talked him into rubbing his back.

Aunt sarah, Uncle Z, cousin Jordan and Kale


Derc changing a poopy diaper. Here is the proof. Notice the shirt over the nose. I wish I could say this is just for a funny picture but he literally cannot get through a poopy diaper unless he covers his nose like this. Notice how terrified Kale is...you can see it in his eyes.

My name is Kale Albrecht and I am the MAN!

I got weighed today and I am such a porker, I weigh 9 lbs. 7 oz.!!!! Woot woot!!! Mom and Dad did a mini wave with me tonight to celebrate. I have been eating better but I've also been spitting up more. I puked on Mom today 3 times. I mean I completely let loose on her. She had to change her entire outfit 3 times, and had to change me 3 times AND give me a bath because I smelled from throwing up on myself. Turns out I don't really love when I take my medicine bottles. Especially the iron vitamins. Mom tries to trick me into taking it and little does she know I only pretend to swallow it with all intentions of spitting it back at her in 4 seconds.

I had three appointments today, one with my home nurse, one with the physical therapist and occupational therapist. All three ladies thought I was doing excellent. I was laying on my side one time and got about 90% of the way rolled over. I couldn't get my other arm out from under me...crazy thing I can't figure out how to get around it. I'll figure it out though. Mom almost cried, she's so dramatic, it can be so embarrassing. A couple other things I'm beginning to get pretty good at: finding my thumb, pulling Mom's hair, crying...loudly, gagging/throwing up, peeing on people/objects.

Tomorrow I have an eye exam, I'm really hoping it's my last one, I'm not too fond of those. That's it for appointments this week after that and next week I have my NICU follow up visit. I'm excited to see all of my nurse friends.

I think that's about it for now. Thanks for checking in! I'm doing great and love being home. I really like when I can get back at Mom and Dad and pretend to fall asleep and then just start wailing.... :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the second picture where Jordan is crossing his legs and his pants are only 6" too short! Bad Mommy....get him some clothes that fit! :)
    In my defence, he is a size 12 month waist and 2T length, so please don't judge! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph! I have been working on setting up my own blog since Claire was born in May. We spent over 2 weeks in the NICU and I heard while I was there about you and Kale. I must admit that since day 1 I have been following your blog and praying for you and your family. I am so glad things are going great now-it really has been amazing to read about your entire family's strength and Kale's miraculous growth. I hope you are enjoying mommyhood, as I know I am. In fact, I really can't think of anything better. Best wishes as Kale continues to amaze you:)!!!!!

    Andrea Stevenson

    ReplyDelete