Friday, October 8, 2010

Quick Update

Guess who's back... Yep the titan of blogging! So Steph has been working late these last few days and has had her hands full with appointments etc all week. I decided to jump in and give an update.

Kale is doing great, he had his NICU follow up on Monday and passed with flying colors. Steph took him and said the doctor was extremely impressed with how well he is progressing. Said that you would never know Kale was a 24 weeker, and that he is growing very well, and his movement and strength and progression with all the baby stuff is ahead of most preemies and right along with most full term babies. he is down to 1/8th on his oxygen which means the next step is no more oxygen! He is still eating well enough, and the nurse gave us the ok to let him sleep through the night if he wants. "if he wants... " I keep telling my self I have no set schedule with my life any longer. Between my amazing wife and my wonderful son, "its their world, i just live in it" (Steph will love this comment).

I think we can finally start talking about our normal lives as a family about now. Steph is still working part-time for now, she will probably go back to work full time in a couple weeks. We are going to be attending a couple weddings this weekend for good friends and unfortunately missing on very important wedding (CONGRATS JODI and MATT MATTHES) sorry we couldn't make it... For everyone else, Jodi is Kales favorite Nurse. Work is going very well for me, I just got a promotion for a manager position at Wells Fargo, and i am very excited to start that on the 18th! Pheasant season is just around the corner in a couple weeks and it will be good to get Mack out and run some of his depression out. It will also be good for him and I to spend time together doing what we love the most!

other than that, life is good, finally things are calm for a bit (knock on wood).

Until Next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment