Thursday, March 11, 2010

Trip to CR



(The pictures posted backwards...the bottom one is Pre-haircut, top one is post-haircut :) )

This last weekend we got to go to CR to visit the family! We always have a great time there, and because we both had Friday off, we got to arrive in time to go to dinner with my sister, Justin, Mom and Pete....we chose Granite City which is always a winner! Had a pregnancy moment while we were there...We sat down at the bar area to wait for our table and I set my purse down. About an hour and half later when we were going to pay for our meal at the table I realized I didn't have my purse! Thank God for honest people, someone had turned it in to the hostess stand...Derc reminded me how lucky I was that someone did that and didn't take both of our wallets, both phones, car keys and work keys that were in there.....whoops :)

On Saturday morning Baby A's Grandma June made some kringler for breakfast which happens to be my favorite! Baby A had sent Grandma June an email earlier in the week saying he/she would love to try it because I always talk about it so she was gracious enough to make it :) (Thanks again, Mom!) We got to spend the rest of the day with Jordan because Sarah and Justin had to do some work! They took a break from work for a bit to meet us for Jordan's FIRST haircut!! That's right folks, he's one and a half and the little guy hadn't had a haircut because his cute little hair didn't really grow much the first year. He LOVES playing with it and swirling it around, so he was not a happy camper when the lady started cutting it. Luckily he had his mom to calm him down!

On Saturday night we went out to eat with Mom and Pete and had some wonderful food at Elmcrest. After that we went back to Sarah and Justin's and spent the evening sorting through my Dad's personal belongings and had a great time looking at old pictures and reminiscing.

Sunday, before we headed out of town Derc and I visited my dad's resting place at Cedar Memorial. It was a yucky rainy day and as soon as I knelt down and touched his name on his plaque the sun came out....I think he was saying hello :)

On our way out of town we stopped by Jacqui's new house to see it and it was beautiful! Luckily she has a pretty nice boyfriend who helped her paint...I was jealous because she has lived there about 3 months and has all her rooms painted! We have lived here 2.5 years and are way behind her :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks guys, I loved the housewarming present. And only the main floor is painted, we still have a LONG way to go. But yes, Brian is pretty awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love how everything is Baby A's "ideas/fault" already, haha.....I am not understanding how the purse thing was pregnancy related, haha :) Love that "baby A" rope-a-doped your mom into food!

    Remind me I'll have to tell you about the first 3 times I went to visit my brother at the cemetery......they definitely have a way of saying hi, you'll love my stories :) Love ya!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete